Friday, February 10, 2012

To: Whom it may Concern
From: Ace
Subject: Isner Beats Federer at Davis Cup
image from CNN 

So I just got a text from my mom who told me this great news. John Isner beat Roger Federer 4-6 6-3 7-6 6-2 playing one of the best matches of his career. His best match was that unnecessary marathon with Nicholas Mahut, 70-68 in the 5th set of Wimbledon. The match was really about Isner's lack of an effective return game.This win, however, is good news. Isner has for a long time been my hope for the "next great American" player. He is super tall, super powerful and very mentally tough. He had a solid game. There is no reason why John Isner can't be in the top ten. I hope he can build on this performance and continue to play aggressively not only on his serve but on his opponent's return as well. This win puts the U.S.Davis Cup team ahead 2-0 and in a great position to beat Switzerland. Mardy Fish started of by winning 9-7 in the 5th set against Stanislas Warwrinka- which is a great effort by him. The one thing I can say about Mardy is that he makes the most of his game. Tomorrow, Bob Bryan and Ryan Harrison will play Federer and Warwrinka. My prediction? The U.S. will bring out their brooms.     


No comments:

Post a Comment